1/ Cesar Chavez was a citizen in Arizona and he's from his family's farm in Yuma. Also he was born in March 31, 1927.
2/ When Cesar was 10 year's old, him and his family became migrant farm workers after losing their farm in the Great Depression.
3/ Cesar Chavez attended more than 30 elementary and middle school. After the 8th grade, he'd drop out because he wanted to work full time. He wanted to support his family. Cesar soon later joined the US Navy in 1946.
4/ CSO stands for (Community Service Organization) Chavez rapidly developed as an organizer, soon became the president of CSO. When the organization turned down for the request to organize farmworkers in 1962. Soon later Chavez resigned and returned to Delano.
5/ They all had in common is that they all boycott. They believe would do it in a non-violently way of boycotting. Cesar would get volunteers and pay $5 dollars for room and board a week. He wanted to help the farmworkers by not letting people buy grapes so that the farmers won't get any money.
6/ The poeple that were braceros were Mexicans and Filipinos. They were the poeple that was extra people that wanted to work for money at any cost and would any job.
7/ The Mexicans and Filipinos were there to get equal rights too, also they wanted better wages and better working conditions. In August 1965, an indepenent walkout for grape workers in Delano.
8/ UFWA stands for union of (United Farm Workers Association) with the help of 1,000 poeple. They boycott against all the grape companies in the Delano area. No it was not successful. But Chavez organized a march to California inspire farm workers to join the Union.
9/ The Grandpa did mention about Martin Luther King Jr. about "I have a dreamed with him as I cleared out a field." Cesar gave hope to them also he'd let them know that they should be proud of there work. And everyone could have justice like all other people.
10/ "All the students will celebrate his birthday tomorrow in school." Also Remembering March 31 is also celebrating it as long you don't forget it.
11/ It is a hoe that was only twenty-four inches long. It makes the workers bend there backs all day long also it makes them have back injuries for the rest of there life. It was outlaw went El Cortito and the CRLA attorneys began a 7 year long battle to get rid of that tool.
12/ The legacy that Cesar Chavez leave behind was hope for everyone. March 31 is Cesar Chavez birthday and a day to remember that everyone has equal rights.
13/ "A symbol is an important thing. That is why we chose an Aztec eagle. It gives pride...When people see it they know it means dignity." To me it means if they see someone working hard they would want to work as twice more. Also they don't want to give up even if the work sucks they would want to always try there best for the better out come just like me most of the time.
14/ "Determination and Acceptance" Those 2 words I value the most because it is who I am. I have determination to go to UC Berkeley and No one is going to stop me from doing my best. I would do all my teachers work so hard that even in my sleep all I would do is study. I pick "acceptance" also because I accept myself for who I am. I know that I might not be the smartest, tallest person or the most good looking guy(which I am) but I am willing to improve myself for the better of my future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment