Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Mercy" Killing?

1. Reflecting on Of Mice and Men

A. George thought that Lennie couldn't be taken care of anymore. Because killing a puppy was one thing but now he'd killed a woman. George did his best, but there was No other way to help Lennie out of his mess.
B. Well I'm not sure what was the best thing to do for Lennie but George shooting Lennie in the head was wrong. I know that George had good reasons but why? In the movie, I never saw George asking for help for what's best for Lennie! But know I guess that there was No help for the mentally disable back then. George knew that there was no way that Lennie wouldn't survive on his own and George did try his best.

2. Father in Italy Accused of Murder

A. The Father was under investigation for the murder of the his daughter. He allowed his Daughter's feeding tubes to be removed from not waking - up anymore. I guess the Father knew that his Daughter is never going to wake up even after waiting for 17 years. He thinks the best way was to let her it go.
B. I agree that the fahter should remove the feeding tubes. Because her Daughter is in the vegetative state for 17 years. My guess is that she is never going to wake up from her accident. It's been 17 year's the Father maybe wanted to let her Daughter move on and except the fact she is never going to wake up.

3. Man Kills Family after Losing his Job

A. -How do I feed my family?
-Would I ever find another job?
-Why was I Born?
-Is this the right thing to do by killing my family?
B. Families should put their kids into schools to learn.
If a family doesn't have money or doesn't make that much to pay for college's there always scholarships and financial Aid for free that would help you succed in life.

4.Your opinions on "Mercy" Killing?


Well I think on my view in euthanasia that it's wrong. But in "Of Mice and Men" and those 2 articles is that they all have different reasons about euthanasia. Lennie didn't knew what was right and wrong. He's mentally disable and has a minded of an 8-year old of course he would love soft things, he would fight for it just like any other kid would. George shot him because there was No help what so ever out there. People didn't knew that he was a mentally person. The woker thought he was just a murder. The first article, the Father was not really a murder for his daughter, he just wanted whats best for her. I guess he knew that she would never wake up even after 17 years of waiting even if she woke up she'd wouldn't be the same. Maybe she would become mentally disable just like "Lennie Smalls." In the last article the family never asked for help. They never looked on the brighter side of life. To me thats sounds like suicide and the Father and Mother wanted to take the cowards way out by killing themselfs. Everyone has problems in life and not just only them some poeple might or is going thought the same problems but they don't have to kill themselfs just for losing a job. You just have to face the facts of life because No one said that life is going to be easy, problems happen everyday. What do you think???

5 comments:

IVAN "PINKY" said...

I agree with you. I also think there was no other way for George to help Lennie

Dania said...

I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON # FOUR BECAUSE FOR SURE MANY PEOPLE SURE ARE GOING TROUGH THE SAME PROBLEM.HE SHOULD HAD LOOKED FOR HELP AND HE WOULD HAD FOUNDED HELP.EUTHANASIA WAS NOT THE SOLUTION FOR THIS CASE.IN THE OTHER ARTICLES EUTHANASIA WAS THE ANSWER BUT NOT IN THIS ONE.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your perspective on euthinasia.I also liked how you explained it.Keep up the great work sushi lover.

crystal said...

I disagree with you on 4 because sometimes it just has to be done. You have to have a good reason why your going to do it though. In Of mice and men I don't think it was right because Lennie could of got some help.

Rigoberto said...

I agree with you on 1 because killing a woman is not good and he may kill other people .